Are you drafting a Message to Charities?
Subject line example: COVID-19: Emergency Funds Needed
Include the following points – keep it short (edit, edit, edit):
- State urgency of message
- Describe how the situation is hurting/impacting your org/charity.
- Make your ask specific – special gift to help.
- Very short story to illustrate the need.
- Mention the pandemic was not in your budget.
- State how their donation will impact your needs.
- Ask to send an emergency gift now.
- Thank them.
- For donations $500 or more send a personal thank you email. Really big donations call and thank them personally.
Note: People in a position to help your cause will want to know how they can help you in a way that will make a difference.