Fundraising Consultant / Contractor / Programs Specialist
Bachelor Social Sciences, Concentration Sociology, Concentration Music, uOttawa
Fundraising Management Program, Honours, Certificate. Algonquin College. Dec 2019
S.E.A. Certificate, La Cité (Self-employment Business Certificate)
Fundraising Management Program Certificate from Algonquin College
“Graduate employment opportunities … fundraising/consulting for non-profit organizations, social welfare agencies, hospitals/health charities, university and college foundations, international development agencies and community organizations.” – Algonquin College
Overview – MBFM Michelle Beaupre Fundraising Management
Great fundraising strategies, outreach, design and strategic content writing for marketing & communication efforts are key to maximizing interest in your cause or small business. Sales, membership/donor/client follow-through and grant application success can all be impacted by what the donor or customer sees, and the experience they have interacting with your website and social media.
I approach from the perspective of strategically optimizing design, content and delivery through the lens of fundraising management. I can help with:
- Shopify web store builds and technical support on an on-going or temporary basis.
- Website updates for WordPress and Wix.
- Replacement/upgrading/migration of themes.
- Editing of video footage for short video clips for websites and social media.
- Surveys, interpretation of results and report writing.
- Review/write/edit a strong Case for Support.
- Creative writing and design layouts: e.g., online brochures, social media posts, blog content. Engaging, short relevant stories with impact can be the difference between your organization being chosen for a grant or it going to someone else whose cause may be just as equally important as yours, but they simply presented their organization better.
- Virtual events selection and/or implementation.
- Strategic management of virtual fundraising campaigns, outreach to sponsors, donors and members that can impact your bottom line.
- Social media outreach: highlighting how your organization solves problems for your community, fostering community engagement with your organization. A particular ratio of asks vs useful content can greatly impact the effectiveness of your asks for support.
- Effectively engaging and communicating with your target audience about new processes, needs and offerings can increase not only your charity’s revenues, but also a small business’ online sales and outreach. Help to cultivate new interest and long-term loyalty.
- Overseeing website maintenance and assess for fundraising layout effectiveness, tweaks.
- Special projects.
Remote Work from Home Office
My home office (MAC OS) is fully equipped with iPhone, iPad, MacBook Pro, dual screen capability, BluePro Mic (for professional quality audio recording and video editing), unlimited Canada-wide long-distance service. iMovie for video editing.
As the sole-proprietor of MBFM, I personally do the contracted work. Self-employed.
Short and long term arrangements per availability. Monthly or per project invoicing.
First language English, second language French.
Valid Enhanced Security Clearance, and Vulnerable Sector Check.
“Michelle is awesome. I hired her to undertake a contract to help with marketing my business. I appreciated her useful suggestions. She delivers in a timely fashion and I valued her suggestions and input. I feel confident in her expertise and I highly recommend her. 10/10” – Michele Bourque, Ottawa Bra Clinic
“Michelle Beaupre is a dream to work with. In June of 2020 I hired her to build a Shopify store for The Art For Aid Project (The ‘Art For Aid Shop’ – https://artforaidshop.ca/).
Throughout the building process, her expedient and professional nature made this entire build stress free. She was on top of even the smallest of details, knew where to find the answers for questions I had, and ensured that everything was in top operational form. Her patience and tenacity for this project makes this recommendation so easy. I was so impressed with her work that I immediately hired her to do the social media management for the store’s launch. Stop looking around for someone to do this for you – just hire her. You’ll be very glad you did.” – Colleen Gray, Artist/Founder The Art for Aid Project.
“I worked with Michelle for approximately six months. In that time she provided great direction with regards to social media and marketing strategies in general. Her design work on pop-up banners and social media communications was fantastic. I would recommend her in a minute.” – Marie-Louise Doyle, President and Principal Strategist, Doyle and Associates Consultants; and Past President, Meeting Professionals International (MPI) Ottawa Chapter; and Executive Director, Breast Cancer Action – Ottawa.